Saturday, June 4, 2011

Day 3- We Made It!

Pretend I posted this yesterday.   It was supposed to be but I got tired before finishing.

Day 3 began in Flagstaff, AZ and it was 27 degrees!  I don't remember the last time I felt that in TX!  We loved Flagstaff, AZ and would love to return.  J. said it reminded him of Germany.  This is good, since the German restaurant from last night was closed.  He was rather disappointed.  Last night, we had AZ mexican food which was interesting.   J. enjoyed it more than I did.   We mistakenly drove around the campus of Northern Arizona which was beautiful as well.   I really don't think I can say too many good things about the town.


Views from our hotel balcony.   

 We had a wonderful breakfast at the hotel with a very exuberant waiter who was very excited about the Mavericks game last night.  It was an exciting game and am proud of our Mavericks!

We got off and saw some beautiful landscapes.




Strangely to get in the state of CA, you have to go through an inspection station to make sure you are not bringing in any fruit, vegetables, or plants.  We had eaten our one and only orange before we arrived, so no need to be inspected further.  But still strange.

We ate in Barstow, which as J. described was like 'the bar scene in Star Wars'.  But we made it through and we made it through Los Angeles, which was another experience.  :)   Thankfully, we made it, without problem, to Aunt Nelly Sue's.   And then we invaded......

This is her living room but we did end up organizing things so you can walk now.  :)
Poor Flower hid under the bed the entire time we were here until forced out when we went to bed.

Then we went to the beach!  Yeah!  What the children have been wanting from the beginning.






 Our rock collector, discovered shells.








 A poor crab that we found.

 A poor surfer we met.





 Skateboarding on the beach.  Fun for us to watch, not to participate.


 This was a jewelry store.   I wonder what their big money maker was? 

A man we met on the beach that would only let me take his picture if I took his CD.   He said "riches would be bestowed upon me".   Hope he's right!

We went home and Aunt Nelly Sue made us dinner.   I started blogging but couldn't make it through and went to bed.  Next, Day 2 in CA!

1 comment:

  1. Let's meet in Flagstaff for your next road trip! I'm so glad you'll be road tripping a lot more now (hint hint, Jay!) We'll be in LA on the 14th if Aunt Nelly Sue is starting a babysitting service!

    ReplyDelete