Monday, June 6, 2011

Day 6- Santa Monica Beach and Pier

Today we went to Santa Monica Beach and Pier.  First, we were at the beach for several hours.  Benjamin told me he could spend every day at the beach and Emily became "Beach Woman" today.   Truly, I think she became "Beach Woman" just to call me "Rachel" vs any other real reason.  But, as "Beach Woman" her duty was to control the waves and watch out for all of the children of the Mommies.  Benjamin was where he could put his feet in the water and I was a little higher on the beach (but could see him perfectly).  So basically, her job was too run back and forth and report that he was fine.   We built sand castles, played with a frisbee, ran up and down the beach, and collected more sea shells.   





After the beach we went next door to the Santa Monica pier and road lots and lots of rides!  I saw my first semi-celebrities (although I am not saying who b/c it completely outs me on one of my TV reality show guilty pleasures :)).  Emily insisted on going on 2 scary rides, but after her reactions on those rides, we distracted her from going on those rides any longer.  







 I got pretty sunburnt today, so we are not going to the beach tomorrow. :)  Tomorrow will be the observatory and shopping- woo hoo!

1 comment:

  1. Not too much shopping!!! ;) Love to see Janel, you and the kids are having a great time!!!

    ReplyDelete