Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Day 8- Packing Day and More Time at the Beach

Janel is moving out of her apartment tomorrow so we spent most of the day packing.  It did not go as fast as I thought it would, but I think Janel is almost done.  I did help but not as much as I should have.

This was about 4pm.

We had a late lunch, early dinner at this wonderful Cuban restaurant down the street from Janel.  It was great food and I think the first time Benjamin, Emily, or I had Cuban food.


Later in the afternoon, I took the kiddos to the beach to get them out for a little while.  It was an interesting hour 1/2 at the beach.   I really think both kids could go everyday for the rest of their lives there.





 We saw a dead squid on the beach.

  •  And a jellyfish!
Walking back to our car, we came across a clown doing balloon animals.   We had promised the kids on Hollywood Boulevard that they could get balloon animals on the way out but then could not find the balloon animal guy when it came time.   Therefore, I told them they could get some balloon animals.  When I asked how much the balloons were, I was told that it was whatever I wanted to pay.   At home, there is someone who does balloon animals at Grapevine Mills mall, he/she charges $2 or $2.50.  I thought since California was more expensive, $3 for each child was fair.   I guess this was more than fair, and that this is way more than he normally gets because he made 4 animals for each child!   Benjamin got 2 swords and a belt to hold the swords but he broke the belt pretty quickly.  Emily got a dog and 2 flowers and both kids were given this trick balloon that he made a little balloon and put inside the bigger one.    They were extremely excited!


Tomorrow, we are on our own b/c Janel is moving.  We are probably going to go to the museum, the beach and then check into the hotel and swim in their pool!   Hopefully, we will actually get to see Janel tomorrow.  And then Friday, we are changing locations and driving to Minden, NV to see my sister.   I guess this may be the "sister tour".  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment