Saturday, June 4, 2011

Day 4- Still in CA .... but slow day

I think that we were all worn out and needed a little time to rest.  Thank goodness, I think that Flower has become more used to us.  And we have made ourselves at home.




Aunt Nelly Sue graciously offered to watch the children while J. and I went on a date.  J. had work plans this evening so he and I decided to go to a movie and lunch.   Janel lives near Culver City so luckily many things are in walking distance.  First, we went to Starbucks.  Janel does not have a coffee maker so we needed to feed our addiction.



Then we walked into downtown Culver City and saw Hangover 2.   J. and I agreed that it was good, not great and the first was definitely better.  Then we ate at a cafe next door.   J. had a bottomless Bloody Mary but amazingly did not feel the affects.  We went back home at that point and took the kids off Janel's hands and went to a Barnes and Noble.  I was unable to find what I was looking for, but J. and the kiddos were all able to find something.   I could have found a number of things that I too could have walked out with but I am attempting to cut back on purchasing books unless there is something I really want or I read what I have.

We headed home, J. headed off to his business dinner, the rest of us ate dinner and now are exhausted and off to bed.    Tomorrow should be more exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment