Saturday, June 11, 2011

June 9, 10, 11- Last Day in LA and Traveling to Minden, NV - I can't even remember how many days we've been on the road now!

I apologize for not posting the last few days and I don't have any pictures for June 9 to share currently.  I put them on my computer and then deleted them from my phone.  I have not had wifi since.  :(  I am currently using my sister, Leslie's and my brother-in-law, Tim's computer which is a beautiful Mac but no wifi.  Yesterday, we drove and we drove and we drove from LA to Minden, NV; it seemed a lot longer than it was.  I was so exhausted that I did not use the computer and then today we've been blowing and going; so here we are.


June 9- We said "goodbye" to Aunt Nelly Sue in the AM (insert picture here) and planned to see her again that evening.  We left and ate breakfast at Starbucks, made some phone calls home, went to Ralph's (Kroger) to buy drinks and then were on our way to drive around LA all by our selves!   This was an adventure to say the least.   My plan was to go to the Los Angeles County Museum of Art or LACMA.  I put this in my phone map and it gave me directions.  Unfortunately, some how I screwed up and it took me to some museum DOWNTOWN LA!   Not good.  Although we got a close look at the Staples Center.   If I had been less anxious, I would have taken pictures.   But due to not knowing where I was, knowing I was WAY in the wrong area and in downtown, which is not easy to navigate, I was honked at numerous times, flicked off and cussed out in Spanish.   I finally was able to find a safe place to pull over and get correct directions.  We ended up at LACMA which happens to be right by Screen Actors Guild and the children needed to go potty.  SAG (insert picture) was nice enough to let us use their restrooms.  And we saw Andrea Zuckerman from the original 90210 outside!  (celebrity sighting #2!)   We walked across the street and saw the tar pits (insert picture) and the children were so intrigued by dinosaurs and how they died we took a detour and went to that museum first (insert numerous pictures).   I am glad we did, it was fascinating!  We finally made it to LACMA, and toured the Tim Burton exhibit which was intriguing (insert more pictures).    More intriguing was that Emily the black room with black lights.    I hope I don't have a future raver!  We went to the Westin Hotel and saw the Mavs when again- Yeah!   Aunt Nelly Sue was unable to meet us due to her move taking longer than expected but at least we said our goodbyes in the AM.

June 10- Unfortunately yesterday I missed 2 big events:  my mother-in-law's birthday and my 20th HS reuntion.    Happy Belated Birthday, Judy!  We will celebrate when we get back!   And to my old HS friends, I hope you had a lovely time and I hope that the fall event comes together and I can see you then.  I, also, hope to see many pictures!

We drove all day from LA all the way north to Minden, NV.  This was our day.  Minden is where my sister and her husband live and it is on the NV side of Lake Tahoe.  It was a gorgeous drive.  And I do have pictures to share of this. 

First there was desert....







 Then snow capped mountains...



 Then we went down the mountains....

Today was Carson Valley Days Parade in Minden.   We had an early start but had such a great time.   This was before the parade of the hot air balloons taken from Les' and Tim's backyard.
 These pictures were taken from the street of the parade as they were coming down.


 A wooden bear to take a picture by...  :)
 A few of the floats.....







Also the majority of people on the floats throw out candy.   This is what we came home with.....

 This is what we threw away......
 We then went to the carnival and had ice cream after lunch.    No rides for us, it was way too pricey.   But we did let them play on the free playground.   Finally, it became a little too hot and we came back to the house and the kids played in the sprinkler and the hot tub.


We had an awesome finish of the day with 'cocktail hour', grilled hot dogs and hamburgers and a fire.  The children and I are having a great deal of fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment